Thursday, January 12, 2012

Jesus>religion

So there's this poem that this guy wrote and made a video of on youtube. It talks of how Jesus actually came to abolish religion and it just seperates us from are fellow worshippers of God. It has really opened my eyes. One of my friends was talking about how this one person who is like a sibling to me went to this party where some of the poeple were the most sinful people i ever knew and i was worried but i knew that i couldnt stop him from going. I heard that every other word that came out of his mouth was a cuss word. It made me recall the moments when he would be talking about poeple and would say "and other names that i can't say".
i would always counter this remark by asking him if they words he CAN'T say oor SHOULDN'T say. and he would always respond shouldn't. i know i have my flaws. im fighting my own demons. bad habits. sins. its a continuous battle that a lot of the time unfortuantely i just give in to. I wish i was just like Jamie on A Walk to Remember. She never cared what people think. She only thought of what God may have thought of her. Just enjoying life. But back to the religion. It's a funny story actually, when i was little, i didn't know what denomination i was. I didn't even know what a denomination! as i grew older i just assumed we were baptist. it was the most popular one i knew (the only one i knew). And then, when i was about 10 years old, i looked up at our church sign and read Short Mountain Methodist. But the thing is, it didnt change anything. a denomination is just a label. A boundary pretty much. But we are all worshipping the same God and reading from the Bible! so what went wrong? Interpretation. Point of View. it seperated us because people started pointing fingers saying "You're wrong!" "No you're wrong!" Where will it end? some churches even go so far as to not even letting single mothers, teen moms, those addicted to drugs into our church so it won't look bad. But that's why we have the church! this is from the video, "It's not a museum for good people, it's a hospital for the broken." This statement could not be more true. It makes me question that if I even want to be part of my denomination but i love my church and the people around me and it's awesome. But im not going to worry about it now. It's a little bit harder than i thought it would be trying to Learn How to Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment